Some issues agreed in Iran-US Geneva talks; missile power not discussed

TABNAK, Feb. 17 - The second round of indirect nuclear negotiations between Tehran and Washington has come to an end, according to Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baqaei.
News ID: 7177
Publish Date: 17 February 2026

Some issues agreed in Iran-US Geneva talks; missile power not discussed

 

Baqaei said on Wednesday that the second round of indirect talks between Tehran and Washington ended in Geneva, Switzerland.

Just as in the previous round, Iranian and American delegations held talks with the Omani side and expressed their points of view.

The negotiations were very serious and some general issues were agreed upon.

Both sides also agreed to continue talks after consultations with the capitals, IRNA reported,

Al-Hadath Network also reported that the Iranian delegation in the talks did not accept to discuss the country's missile power and the principle of enrichment.

A reporter for Al-Hadath Network reported that the Iranians have refused to discuss ballistic missiles and the principle of enrichment in the talks.


Bloomberg has also reported that the two sides agreed to hold the third round.

Foreign Minister Araghchi, who headed the Iranian negotiating team said that "We were able to reach some agreements on some issues in principle."

"The path has begun and can lead to an agreement," Araghchi also said, adding that "Good progress has been made compared to the previous meeting."

"When it comes to drafting and writing an agreement, the work becomes more difficult," he added.

"Both sides have stances that will take some time to come closer to each other," the top Iranian negotiator said.

Indirect talks between Iran and the United States were resumed on February 6 in Muscat, with messages exchanged through the Omani foreign minister.

Both Iran and the US have so far described the talks as positive and expressed willingness to continue.

Tags
Your Comment